Fire at flat in Gilford

0
Have your say

A POSTMAN reported a fire at a flat in Gilford on Thursday morning.

The postman heard a smoke alarm actuating and saw smoke coming from the window of a flat in Castle View. He called the Fire & Rescue Service.

PSNI forced the door of the property but were unable to enter due to the dense smoke. Firefighters from Portadown and Banbridge wearing breathing apparatus dealt with the fire.

Thankfully there was no-one in the first floor property at the time.