A doctors’ surgery, shops and homes were evacuated due to a gas leak in Lurgan this morning.
William Street was closed from around 10am after police and fire crews were called to the area.
It was discovered that a medium pressure gas main pipe had ruptured.
The smell of gas were very pungent in the area, particularly at Perfect Day Bridal Salon.
Around 60 commercial and residential premises were evacuated as a precautionary measure while the problem was isolated by gas representatives.
The NI Fire and Rescue Service handed the incident over to Firmus Gas at 10.53am.
There were no reports of injuries and police said road closures in the area have been lifted. Those who were moved out have been allowed to return.
A statement said: “Police can advise that William Street in Lurgan has now reopened to traffic following an earlier suspected gas leak. Evacuated residents have also been able to return to their homes and business premises now that the situation has been resolved.”