A Lurgan man who sent text messages to two women containing threats to kill them was jailed last Friday at Craigavon Magistrates Court.
He was 18-year-old Barrie Holland, whose address was given to the court as Union Street, Lurgan, and he admitted making a threat to kill a female and sending a menacing message on August 17.
Holland also pleaded guilty to two similar charges against another woman on August 18.
For each of the threats to kill he was sentenced to three months in custody and for the threatening messages two months in custody.
The court heard that one injured party received 29 text messages and the second 16 messages from the defendant.
They were of a threatening nature.
When interviewed Holland accepted sending the messages but said he did not intend to carry out any of the threats.
A solicitor for Holland said this was unpleasant for the people who had received the text messages.
The defendant had spent a considerable time on remand in custody.
District Judge, Mr Mervyn Bates, said that Holland, who appeared by way of videolink from Hydebank, had been in custody since August 19.
He told the defendant that he must desist from this kind of behaviour when he was released from custody.