A ban on publishing the address and image of a woman involved in the so-called ‘house of horrors’ case in Craigavon will continue, a court has ruled.
Keith Baker (58), in custody at Maghaberry prison, and Caroline Bernadette Baker (52), on bail, appeared last Thursday at Craigavon Crown Court.
Baker faces a total of 12 charges including rape and indecent assault while Mrs Baker faces nine charges including aiding and abetting rape and indecent assault on a female.
At last Thursday’s court barrister, Mr Martin O’Rourke, outlined the attacks on the home of Mrs Baker when she lived in Drumellan Mews, Craigavon.
On six occasions in February, April and May the home was attacked. Windows were broken and graffiti written on the walls.Mrs Baker had moved to a new address and the Crown Court ruled that her new address and image should not be published.
Mr O’Rourke said that after the hearing her photograph had appeared in the Irish News and following that she had been given notice by her landlord to quit the address.
She had until the end of the month to find new accommodation.
He argued that if her address was published the attacks could lead to arson or something greater.
A detective constable said she was concerned if the address was published again the attacks would start again and was in support of the address not being released into the public domain.
Judge Patrick Lynch said there had been systematic attacks on the defendant’s home and there were concerns these could escalate to arson attacks, petrol bombs or pouring petrol through a letter box.
He ruled that Mrs Baker’s address should not be published along with her image.
The case was adjourned until November 3 for mention.
During the hearing Mrs Baker sat on her own in the dock while Baker sat at the side of the dock in a wheelchair, holding his wrist with a grimace on his face as if in pain.