Spotted driving just a few months after disqualification

Craigavon Court House. INLM0311-117gc
Craigavon Court House. INLM0311-117gc

Just a few months after he had been banned from the roads a 21-year-old man was seen driving in Portadown.

Arturas Gnezdilovas, whose address was given to the court as Clendenning Way, Portadown, admitted driving while disqualified and not having insurance on July 6 this year.

He also pleaded guilty to a defective tyre offence.

Craigavon Magistrates Court heard last Friday that a police mobile patrol saw the defendant driving in Jervis Street, Portadown.

Checks revealed that the car was insured only to a female. Gnezdilovas admitted he was not insured and he was disqualified from driving.

The front offside tyre of the vehicle was defective.

The defendant had been disqualified from driving on March 18 at Craigavon court.

A solicitor representing Gnezdilovas said his client was in full time employment and was a hard working young man.

He explained that the defendant had not informed his mother he had been disqualified from driving and she was charged with permitting no insurance.

The solicitor said a pre-sentence report recommended probation or community service.

For driving while disqualified and not having insurance Gnezdilovas was put on probation for 12 months and banned from driving for two years.

A fine of £50 was imposed for the defective tyre and he was also ordered to pay a £15 offender’s levy.