Teenagers escape Lurgan fire

editorial image
0
Have your say

Two teenagers were treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at a house in Lurgan’s Wellington St.

According to the NI Fire and Rescue Service, they received a call about a fire at around 11.02am yesterday (Wednesday) and attended within three minutes.

It is understood a fire had started in a bin in the kitchen.

A smoke detector alerted the occupants.

A spokesperson for the NIFRS said one of the teenagers threw the burning bin outside.

A male and female aged 18 and 19 were treated for breathing difficulties.

The fire call ended at 11.29am.

A NIFRS spokesperson reminded the public of the importance of having a working smoke alarm and how it can save lives.