Blaze at hayshed being treated as accidental

editorial image

Firefighters were called to a blaze at a hayshed in Aghalee on Monday evening, August 22.

Two fire crews from Lurgan were tasked to the incident at a property on Lurgan Road at around 8pm.

“Firefighters were called to attend a hayshed containing approximately 20 round bales of hay on fire,” a Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson confirmed. “Using an excavator, the bales were removed to a field and allowed to burn.

“The incident was dealt with at 10.51pm and the cause of the fire is being treated as accidental,” she added.