Local police have described how a ‘keyboard warrior’ was banged to rights after spouting on Facebook.
Craigavon PSNI revealed how they nabbed the man after he spouted online after one of their posts.
PSNI Craigavon said: “There’s been an online trend recently which, if it weren’t so sad and confusing, would be quite humorous.
“It goes like this:
1) Someone does something really stupid and illegal and ends up getting arrested.
2) We post a Facebook update on an incident where someone was caught doing something particularly stupid and illegal and got arrested.
3) Said individual decides to identify themselves and comments on that same post, giving it the big spuds in an effort to impress his or her mates.
Just so that there’s no nasty surprises along the way, let me explain what happens after that point:
4) Officer looks confused at the Facebook comment, because aforementioned little keyboard warrior was a picture of innocence and remorse when they left custody.
5) Officer screen shots the comments, prints them, then completes a statement evidencing the supposedly remorseful cherubs clear lack or remorse or respect for the law.
6) Local judge gets to see the lot, and finds it significantly more difficult to listen to the “but I regretted it as soon as I’d done it, honest!” argument.
“So, if you’re one of our valued customers who has in recent weeks either commented on a post or shared one with comments making light of or bragging about drug dealing, joyriding, uninsured driving, or drug possession, please don’t hate us too much when we produce that as evidence in court.”