A family of seven were forced to flee their home in Thomas Street last night (Tuesday) after a fire in one of the bedrooms.
The top floor of the three-storey, terraced house was extensively damaged in the blaze which began shortly after 6.30 and is being treated as accidental.
Two crews from Portadown and one from Lurgan attended and found the family already out of the property.
Said a spokesperson, “Firefighters dealt with a well-developed fire in the bedroom of the top floor of the house.
“The Fire Emergency Support Service, provided by the Red Cross, was in attendance at the incident and along with partner agencies supported the family.
“The incident was dealt with by 8.20.”