The family of Glyn Girvan, who passed away on Sunday with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning, has issued his funeral arrangements.
Mr Girvan, a life-long resident of Albert St, passed away suddenly at his home in Albert Street on Sunday evening.
His funeral will take place on Thursday at 2pm from Malcomsons Funeral Parlour.
Mourners are welcome to join the family at Queen’s St Methodist Church Hall for refreshments after the service,
His family has said that the funeral parlour will be opened from 5pm-8pm tomorrow (Wednesday) if people wish to pay their respects. Everyone is welcome.
Glyn was a highly regarded neighbour and friend as well as a devoted father and grandfather.
His death is being investigated but it is believed that he may have passed away due to the effects of carbon monoxide.
‘Girvey’ as he was known to many was a popular neighbour always with a kind word to all who passed him on the street.
One local resident said: “He was regarded as a kind and thoughtful neighbour with a lovely pleasant temperament and good heart.”
He had worked for The Optical in Lurgan’s Avenue Road and then the Good Year factory before it closed.
Latterly he had worked as a carpet fitter for Sam Elliot Carpets for many years retiring just five years ago.
He was an avid motorcycle racer taking part in a number of events at Lurgan Park
Glyn was a very sociable man and was well known in local bars in Lurgan, particularly his beloved Windsor Club.
He was predeceased by his wife Shirley who passed away 20 years ago. The couple had three boys, Glyn Junior, Paul and Keith and one daughter Bronwyn as well as ten grandchildren.