A judge has warned that anyone driving at 100mph or more on the motorway will be banned from the roads.
District Judge, Mr Mervyn Bates, made the comment during a case last Wednesday at Craigavon Magistrates Court.
A solicitor on behalf of Darren Alexander Lennox (aged 45), whose address was given to the court as Barnetts Crescent, Belfast, entered a guilty plea to an excess speed offence.
He was fined £150, ordered to pay a £15 offender’s levy and banned for two months.
The court heard that at 4.05pm on December 20 last year on the Belfast bound carriageway at junction 11 a police vehicle was overtaken by a vehicle travelling at speed. It was timed at 105mph.
When spoken to Lennox said: “No, that’s fair enough.”
He already had six points on his licence for speeding offences in 2013 and 2014.
A solicitor representing Lennox said the defendant’s son had been playing for Linfield Reserves and as he was leaving the ground his 15-year-old daughter contacted him to say she had been locked out of the family home.
He was trying to get back to Belfast as quickly as possible.
District Judge, Mr Mervyn Bates, said that anyone who drives in three figures on the motorway would be disqualified.