A ban on naming a Lurgan man charged with making and possessing indecent photographs of children was lifted last week.
Lawrence Henderson (32), Kilwilke Road, Lurgan, appeared last Friday at a preliminary enquiry at Craigavon courthouse.
He faces 26 charges of making indecent photographs of a child between October 21, 2010, and September 21, 2012, and on September 19, 2012, had in his possession 3,354 indecent photographs of children.
Previously Henderson had appeared in court on remand but reporting restrictions were imposed banning the media from naming him.
Last Friday, however, the media challenged this ruling in front of District Judge, Mr Mervyn Bates. He said there was no specific victim in this case and the original reporting restriction was imposed because of a risk, not to the defendant, but a relative.
Judge Bates said there should be no reporting restriction and remanded Henderson on his own bail of £500 to appear for arraignment at Craigavon Crown Court on September 4.