Two men, who were arrested in relation to last week’s bomb attack in Lurgan, have been released
Earlier this week, following the attempted murder of police officers in the Victoria Street area, five people were arrested.
A PSNI spokesperson said: “Two men aged 28 and 46 who were arrested by detectives from PSNI Serious Crime Branch investigating the attempted murder of police in Lurgan last weekend after a bomb exploded in the Victoria Street area have been released unconditionally.”
Yesterday (Friday) a police statement said that five men had been arrested after extensive searches in north Lurgan.
That statement said: “Detectives from Serious Crime Branch investigating the attempted murder of police in Lurgan last weekend after a bomb exploded in the Victoria Street area have arrested five men in County Armagh.
“Three men aged 31, 36 and 46 were arrested yesterday. Another two men, aged 28 and 46, were arrested this morning.
“Detective Superintendent Karen Baxter from Serious Crime Branch said: “A number of properties have been searched and several items have been removed for forensic examination. The suspects have been taken to the Serious Crime Suite at Antrim police station for questioning.
““This is an active and ongoing investigation. I would like to thank the community for their continued patience and support. I would again urge people to remain vigilant. If you notice anything suspicious please contact us straight away on 101 or 999 in an emergency.
“If you know anything about the incident last weekend when a report of a device, which turned out not to be viable, was made to lure police into the area and a second significant device exploded, please contact police.”