Glenavon striker Eoin Bradley is among thousands of holidaymakers stranded in Sharm el-Sheikh in Egypt.
Eoin left last week for a family holiday but after the UK halted all flights between Britain and Sharm el-Sheikh on Wednesday, his trip home via London was cancelled.
The decision to halt flights was taken after experts reviewed the airport’s security with Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond saying there is a “significant possibility” an explosive device caused the Russian plane crash at the weekend, killing all 224 people on board.
Speaking from the popular holiday resort Eoin said, “We were due to fly to London today but all flights out of the country were cancelled. We are hoping to get out in the morning.
“Hopefully we will get sorted ok, I will be disappointed to miss the game on Saturday. The kids don’t mind, they would gladly stay another week.”
Officials are working with airlines on special flights to bring tourists at the resort home as soon as possible.
A number of travel operators have responded to the government’s announcement:
Thomas Cook has cancelled its flight and holiday programme to Sharm el-Sheikh until 12 November
Thomson Airways along with First Choice, have cancelled all outbound flights to Sharm el-Sheikh up to and including 12 November
British Airways has postponed its Thursday flights to and from Sharm el-Sheikh until Friday
EasyJet has cancelled all flights to and from the resort on Thursday and is keeping future flights “under review”
Monarch has cancelled all flights in and out of Sharm el-Sheikh on Thursday.
The Irish Aviation Authority said it had directed Irish airlines not to fly to or from the area until further notice.