Leaders Drumgor close in on title

Eire Og Darts team just before their match against the INF.
Eire Og Darts team just before their match against the INF.

DRUMGOR are potentially only one win away from reclaiming their league title after the results in week 13 of the Craigavon District Darts League all went their way with their nearest rivals all dropping points as they cruised to victory over the Trojans.

A 7-1 win for them over the Trojans helped by their three nearest rivals all drawing meant they opened up a three point gap with only three games to go.

Stevie Duff’s fifth win in a row got them going with a 2-0 win over Davy Vaughan before Shane Lennon’s 2-0 win over Andrew Colhoun made it two. Eamon Duff came from a leg down to beat Paul Lewis 2-1 and then Marty Craig kept his six game win streak going with a 2-0 win over Tony Rutherford Jr. In a tight fifth game it was Rab Lewis who won his fourth match in a row for the Trojans when he claimed the victory to get their only win of the night beating Paul Lennox by 2 legs to 1. Clive Hanna made it 10 wins out of 11 this season when he hit a 17 darter on way to a 2-0 win over Tony Rutherford Sr but this was matched by Joe Duff who also had a 17 darter on his way to a 2-1 win over Davy Vaughan Sr. The final result of the night went Pearse Richardson’s way as he had a 2-0 win over Andy Fairbairn to move Drumgor three points ahead over their nearest rivals Eire Og.

Both INF and Eire Og will be disappointed with the 4-4 result as they cancelled each other out and in doing so helped Drumgor extend their lead. Eire Og, who started the night only two points behind the leaders, started best with Sam Frazer (140, 135, 120, 100) winning in legs of 21 and 25 darts against Roy White. Paddy Magill (2x100) brought the sides level when he checked out 104 in the deciding leg against Noel Dunwoody (2x140, 120, 2x100) to win it in 19 darts. Paul McGahan and Lee Culbert shared four scores of 100 but it was Paul McGahan who got his third league win in a row when he hit the doubles as he won by two legs to nil to put Eire Og back in front.

Micky Dunwoodie and Marty Crossan threw some excellent darts as they shared the first two legs with Micky hitting 2x100’s and a 125 as Marty responded with a 140, But it was the deciding leg that stood out as despite Marty Crossan’s 140 it was Micky who hit three back to back 100’s to take the victory and put Eire Og further in front.

Stevie McConnon and Chris Cinnamond also shared the first two legs but it was Stevie who hit back to back 100’s and a 21 dart leg to claim the win and Keep the hosts in the tie. It was Mark McLernon (139,125) who got his sixth win in a row and Eire og’s last win of the night as he beat Seamy Tallon (100,99) by 2 legs to 1 to make the score 4-2 to Eire Og. Terry Morrow (140, 3x100) kept the tie alive when he won the deciding leg against Micky Campbell (140, 2x100). The last game of the night when the Forresters way when Andy McConnon had a 121 to help him claim the first leg. In the second leg Andy and Dermy exchanged three consecutive 140’s with Andy Hitting two which helped him claim the win in 19 darts but only after accidentally busting a 74 checkout which would have been for 15 darts.

For the second week in a row in the league the Stables were able to come from behind to gain a point with a 4-4 draw. Again showing their never give up attitude this time against the Celtic they secured a point but only after losing 4 of the first 5 games. Dessie Dunbar put the hosts one up beating Brian Devine in the deciding leg. Dee Breen got his third win in a row beating Sammy Toman 2-0 Neil McConville got his second win since returning to the Stables with a 2-1 win over Anthony Crewe. Adrian Hutchinson got the Celtic back on track winning his deciding leg against Hugh Campbell and when Tommy McErlene beat Michael Lamb 2-0 it looked like the Celtic were in control leading 4-1 now. But that was the last leg of the night that they were to win as Shane Tallon’s 128 checkout on the Bull for a 2-0 win over Sean Farren got them back into the match. Gareth Bunting got back to winning ways with a 2-0 win over Gerard Crewe to make it 4-3 before Dee McConville levelled it on the night with another 2-0 win over Martin Haddock to give both teams a point.

In the final match of the week The Premier got back to winning ways with a 5-3 win over Clann Eireann. Dee Blaney had a 2-0 win over Mark Magee and Conor Mallon recorded his third straight win since his return to the league with a 2-0 win over Nathan McCabe. John Cinnamond had a 94 checkout while beating Joe Mccabe 2-0. Dee McCready also had a 2-0 win over Kevin O’Loan and Brian McCavigan got their fifth 2-0 win of the night beating Cathal Hendron on the way. Mick Hendron had a 2-0 win over Kevin McNeice. In the only game of the night to go the whole way it was Ciaran McMahon who hit a 139 and a 100 only for Mo Campbell to reply with a 180 to help him take the first leg. Ciaran Bounced back with 2x125’s and another 100 to help him take the remaining two legs for the 2-1 win. Neil McCluskey was the third winner for Clann Eireann beating Brendan Mallon 2-0.