No stopping Vintage as they notch up eight wins in a row

Vintage 6 Stables 2

Vintage Bar maintained their push for perfection when they recorded their eighth win from eight after a 6-2 victory over Stables.

Jamesy Bolton (140, 125, 3x100) got the first score on the board when he made it seven from seven for him as he beat Dee McConville 2-1. But a 180 by Peter Morris helped him to a 19 dart leg and inflict the first defeat of the season on Keith Beale (140, 118) by 2 legs to 1 to level the tie. Conor Mallon (121) restored the Vintage’s lead when he had a 2-0 win over Stables captain Shane Tallon and when the ever reliable John Cinnamond won his 16th consecutive league game this time in 18 and 16 darts over Michael Lamb the vintage were always favourites to keep their winning streak going. Brian McCavigan (140, 100, 99) got his sixth win of the season over Stables new signing Dermot McStay by 2-1 to extend the lead to 4-1 but a welcome return to league action for the Stables Joe Toman kept them in the tie as he got the better of Dee McCready 2-0. It was Dee Blaney who won the match for the leaders as he scored heavily (135, 125, 2x100’s) on way to a 2-0 win over Pat Curran and it was Oliver Toland who finished the Stables off beating Hugh Campbell 2-0.

INF 4 Drumgor 4

Drumgor are turning into the draw specialists as they recorded their fifth draw in eight games as they drew with Forresters.

Eamon Duff beat Lee Culbert 2-1 and then a 2-1 win for Pearse Richardson over Martin Murray Snr give Drumgor the early advantage. INF captain Seamy Tallon lead from the front hitting a 180 this time inflicting defeat on Shane Lennon to pull one back for the Forresters. Dave McCusker saw off Marty Craig 2-1 to level the match. Stephen Duff had a 2-0 win over Marty Murray Jnr to put Drumgor back in front but the teams were soon level again as Paddy Magill beat George Chambers 2-0. Clive Hanna kept his league record going (17 wins in a row) when he beat Vincey Culbert Jnr 2-0 to bring it to the last match between Gareth Bunting and Vincey Culbert Snr and much to the delight of the hosts it was Vincey who kept his nerve as he took a last leg decider to leave both teams on 9 points in what seems to be a four way fight for second spot.

Clann Eireann 3 Celtic 5

The Celtic remain two points clear in second place over the chasing pack as they left Clann Eireann with a 5-3 win despite only having seven men.

New signing Chris Lewsley got the start he had hoped for with a 2-1 win over Johnny McAtamney. Neil McCluskey had an impressive 2-1 win over Andy McConnon but Celtic were soon back in front as Dessie Dunbar secured a 2-1 over Michael Scullion. Dee Breen recorded a 2-0 win over Ciaran Magee and when Sean Farren beat Mark Brady 2-1 Celtic had a 4-1 lead. A walkover win for Joe McCabe made it 4-2 but Gerard Crewe secured the points when he beat Mark Magee in a last leg decider. The final match seen Nathan McCabe get his fourth win in a row as he won 2-0 against Adrian Hutchinson to leave the score a little more respectful at 5-3 to the Celtic.

Trojans 0 Eire Og 8

Eire Og white washed the Trojans 8-0 losing just one leg all evening.

Mark McLernon got the better of Shea Rutherford 2-0 and a 19 dart leg by Chris Cinnamond was enough to beat Trojans captain Andrew Fairbairn. Hugh Heaney beat Liz McGlaughlin 2-0 and despite winning the Trojans only leg of the night Stuart Matchett was unable to stop the onslaught as he lost 2-1 to Paul McGahan. Paul Callaghan secured the win with a 2-0 win over Davy Vaughan Snr. Sam Frazer got his seventh 2-0 of the season this time over Paul Lewis. Niall Heaney had a 100% checkout ratio as he hit his double first time in both legs as he beat Gordy Walker 2-0 and on the final game Micky Dunwoodie got the better of Rab Lewis 2-0.

Thursday sees the beginning of the league Individuals with almost 80 players assembling at the Celtic Club.