As finish line draws near INF A still lead the way

Darts update
Darts update

With the finish line fast approaching after the latest action in the Craigavon District Darts League , it is still the INF A team who are out in front after a comfortable 7-1 win over the Trojans.

Eire Og remain the only team that could stop them as their good form continued after an impressive 6-2 win over the INF B team to go along with last weeks McCusker cup win.

Trojans 1-7 INF A

The INF A team remained on course for league honours after they left the Drumgor tavern with both points.

Both teams observed a minutes silence for the passing of Davy Vaughan Sr’s sister Anna.

Terry Morrow got the night up and running with a 2-0 win over Stuart Matchett hitting a 140 and 4x100’s and a 21 dart leg.

The unbeaten Dan Cahoon maintained the great start for the visitors with two excellent legs of darts hitting a 140 and 5x100’s to win both legs against Paul Lewis in 20 and 18 darts. Roy White made it 3-0 when he took a last leg decider against Andy Fairbairn to take off any pressure of the rest of the team and when INF captain Seamy Tallon repeated that scoreline when he beat Davy Vaughan Jr it was 4-0 to the league leaders.

Four ton scores and a 22 dart leg was good enough for Paul White to get the better of Liz McLoughlin and secure the win for the Forresters men, but the Trojans were determined to get on the score sheet and John McDowell got his fourth win in a row as he secured a 2-0 win over David Culbert.

Marty Murray got the Forresters back to winning ways as he won both legs against Davy Vaughan Sr and INF club chairman Vincey Culbert soon finished off the night as he made it 7-1 when he took a third deciding leg win for the INF as he beat Michael Shields.

The members of the INF darts team and the committee of the Craigavon District Darts League send their condolences to Davy and David Vaughan at this sad time .

INF B 2-6 Eire Og

Eire Og came into this tie on a high after their excellent 5-1 win over the INF A team in last weeks McCusker Cup win and showed they are not prepared to give up hope on league honours with an impressive 6-2 win.

Noel Dunwoodie struck first with a 2-0 win over Bobby Magee as he hit high scores of 152, 140 and 123 to see him through before Jamesy Bolton made a welcome return to the INF B team with a 2-0 win over Martina Power.

Keith Beale put the North Street men in front with a 2-0 win over Paul McGahon but this was to be their final victory of the evening as Eire Og took over . Paul Callaghan had a good 2-0 win over Micky McConville to level the match and the game of the night seen John Cinnamond maintain his unbeaten run as a 14 dart last leg decider seen him beat Dee McCready who lost for the first time in seven, with John hitting scores of 2x140’s and 3x100’s and Dee replying with a 140 and 2x100’s of his own.

Micky Dunwoodie won both legs against Aaron Devine who continues to improve each week and it was left to Hugh Heaney to claim both points for the Og’s as he beat Conor Magee. You wouldn’t have thought the final match had little to play for as both players started off scoring heavily and despite scores of 140 and 2x100’s by Conor Quinn it was Chris Cinnamond who took the win with a maximum 180 and a 140 to give the Og’s their eighth win of the campaign.

Clann Eireann 1-7 Drumgor

Champions for the last two seasons Drumgor travelled to Clann Eireann and came away with a 7-1 win.

League individual runner up Pearse Richardson kept up his good form as he recorded his sixth consecutive win in the league with a 2-0 win over Mark Magee.

Eamon Duff made it two nil as he won both legs against Ciaran Magee who was back playing his first league match of the season and when Shane Lennon made it 3-0 with another 2-0 this time over Johnny McAtamney the result was never in doubt.

Micky Campbell gave the hosts a glimmer of hope as he won his fifth match in six as he beat Michael Maloco 2-0 but service was resumed as the winners ran off eight consecutive legs in a row.

Stevie Duff got his fifth win in six as he beat Chris Magee and James Henry beat Sammy Bell who too was making a welcome return to the league. The last two matches saw Marty Craig get the better of Dermie McStay before Clive Hanna finished off the night with a win over Michael Kitching to move Drumgor into third place.

Stables 4-4 Celtic

The Stables and the Celtic fought out an entertaining 4-4 draw as the Stables all but cemented their place in the top four.

Nathan McCabe and Dee McConville started the action and it was Dee who took the win with scores of 140 and 115.

Game two seen the experience of Gary Bell take on the youthful Caolan Lavery who just turned 18 and is only throwing in his first season and despite scoring 3x100’s it was Gary’s high scoring and excellent finishing that got him the win . John Bishorek jr took on Shane Tallon who had won five in a row and this time it was the youth that prevailed as John took both legs with the help of a 125 and 2x100’s to put Celtic two one up. Michael Lamb soon levelled it again as he had two much fire power for Gerard Crewe.

Neil McCluskey put the Celtic back in front as he won both legs against Pat Curran but yet again back came the Stables with Conor Mallon being in fine form as he had scores of 2x140’s and a maximum 180 as he took the deciding leg against Adrian Hutchinson who had a 150 himself.

Match number seven seen Gareth Bunting put the Stables in front for the first time as he had 3x100’s on way to beating Micky Cahoon but it would have been unfair on either team to lose this match and when John Bishorek Sr also hit the maximum 180 as well as a 17 dart leg it deservedly finished level as he beat Nathan Lamb 2-0 to leave the final score four each.