Good week for Drumgor

Eire Og.  INLM05-206.
Eire Og. INLM05-206.

With only three league fixtures left Drumgor took advantage of dropped points by their nearest competitors to open up a two point lead at the top of the Craigavon District Darts League after a comfortable 7-1 win over the Trojans.

The league leaders took game one when Marty Craig took the honours with a 2-0 win over Davy Vaughan Jr.

Paul Lewis was up next for the Trojans against Stevie Duff and it went the full distance as Stevie extended the lead for Drumgor winning the third leg for his tenth win in the league this season. It was 3-0 as Pearse Richardson won both legs against Andrew Fairbairn for his fourth consecutive 2-0 win and by the time Shane Lennon won the third leg of his match against Davy Vaughan Sr the hosts could relax knowing the win was on the cards. It was 5-0 after Clive Hanna beat Stuart Matchett in both legs, but Andrew Colhoun put a stop to the potential whitewash as he beat Eamon Duff 2-1 to pull one back for the Trojans.

Liz McLaughlin had a lovely 80 checkout as she pushed Niall Heaney all the way but Niall who came through the tie with the help of 2x140’s and a further two tons to record a 2-1 win to extend Drumgor’s lead to 6-1.

In the final match James Henry beat John McDowell 2-0 to leave the final score 7-1.

The Stables Bar continued their recent good form when they had a 5-3 win over joint league leaders the INF to give the Forresters men their first defeat since week one and put a huge dent in their title aspirations.

Things started off well for the visitors when Terry Morrow scored well hitting five ton plus scores including a 140 to beat Hugh Campbell by two legs to one who himself had a 121 and 2x100’s.

Pat Curran levelled the scores as he squeezed past Vincey Culbert by two legs to one.

Paddy Magill had a 140 and a 138 in the second leg of his match against Gareth Bunting for a 2-0 win to put the INF back in front, but it was soon level again as Michael Lamb hit four tons to help him beat Roy White 2-0 winning the second leg in 20 darts. Match five seen Peter Morris make it five wins in a row as he defeated Tommy Farren to put the Stables in front for the first time.

A 19 dart leg in leg two helped Lee Culbert fight back from losing the opening leg against Rab Lewis who had 3x100’s to record a 2-1 win to keep the Forresters in the match and make it 3-3.

The two captains went head to head and despite both players not being at their best it was the Stables captain Shane who came out on top again for a 2-0 win. In the final match League Individual winner John Bishorek claimed the win and both league points on offer as he beat Marty Crossan 2-0 with Marty unfortunately missing doubles in both legs that could have seen the INF sneak a draw but in truth be told seen the Stables claim a well deserved victory.

Eire Og moved into third place a point behind the INF when he had a 6-2 win over Clann Eireann despite having only seven men on the night.

Micky Campbell was the first winner on the night when he had a 2-0 win over Martin Rodgers before Hugh Heaney got his fifth win in a row as he doubled the lead winning a last leg decider against Chris Magee for a 2-1 win . Paul McGahon made it 3-0 when he beat Gary Hendron before Clann Eireann got their first of two wins on the night with the first coming from a walkover win for Dee Kelly.

Nathan McCabe hit two excellent legs of 19 and 21 darts that helped him beat Michael Kitching to extend Eire Ogs lead to 4-1. Mark McLernon wrapped up the points with a 2-0 win over Johnny McAtamney before Micky Dunwoodie beat Joe McGahan by two legs one before Michael Scullion made the score a little more respectful as he beat Paul Callaghan in the final game of the night by 2 legs to 1 .

The Vintage all but surrendered their league title when they were held to a 4-4 draw against the Celtic to leave them four points behind Drumgor.

For probably the first time this season in the league the visitors Celtic were able to choose from a full strength team and despite going into an early 3-1 lead they were relieved as Adrian Hutchinson won a last leg decider to grab a share of the spoils.

Dessie Dunbar won 2-0 against Dee Blaney with the help of an 18 dart leg. Mick Millar doubled the lead for the Celtic as he beat Keith Beale 2-0. Oliver Toland got the Vintage back into the game as he had a 140 and a 19 dart leg on route to a two nil win over Sean Farren before Felix Cush put two between the sides again as he beat Conor Mallon in both legs despite Conor hitting a 125 and a 121.

The next four games all went the distance but it was the Vintage who seemed to be the team holding their nerves as they won the first three of them. 15-year-old John Bishorek Jr was in inspired form as he hit no less than six ton plus scores with a 140 and a 135 among them, but it was the doubles that let him down as a 78 c/o helped Brian McCavigan claim a 2-1 win. Andy McConnon became victim number 33 on John Cinnamond’s long unbeaten run. Jamesy Bolton put the Vintage in front when he beat Gerard Crewe to bring the match to the last game between Paul Beattie and Adrian Hutchinson. Adrian hit 5 of the 9 ton plus scores hit in the three legs played and claim the win and the overall draw.