Seagoe Parish Church has one more reason to celebrate on its 200th anniversary, as the Seagoe Bell makes its long journey home.
The bell dates back to approximately 900 AD and will be on display this weekend - having been loaned temporarily from the National Museum of Ireland in Dublin.
It is just one of the items from the parish archives on show, with others dating from the 1600s due to go on display earlier this week.
The Seagoe Bell is a hand bell, possibly made for Cumascach, who was known to have dwelt in Armagh and died in AD 904.
The Irish inscription on the bell translates as ‘A prayer for Cumascach son of Ailill’. Cumascach’s mother, Gormlaith, was a daughter of Murdach, King of Ulster.
The bell was eventually purchased by the Royal Irish Academy and now resides permanently in Dublin.
The bell will be on display in Seagoe Parish Church from the 9am service until 6pm on Sunday.
Seagoe Parish Church was consecrated for worship on 28 June 1816.
A special anniversary service will take place this Sunday at 10:30am - with a second service at 6pm.